Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University
Associate Professor – Search Committee
We solicit applications for the following faculty positions.
- Position Available:
- One associate professorships with tenure position.
(The candidate should be able to give courses in Japanese or in English, and should be able to give courses in Japanese within a few years.)
- Research Area:
- Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
(Particularly, All areas of applied Mathematics: Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Computer and Information Science, Discrete Analysis, etc.)
- Application Material:
- Important: You need to send in the following BOTH by Post (conventional mail) and by E-mail.
- By Post (conventional mail)
- Application form. (The application form is available for Download below.)
- Curriculum Vitae which include the following information:
name, date of birth, current affiliation and title of position (with the expiration date, if applicable), year and source of Ph.D., educational history and professional experience, address, phone, and Email address.
- Mailing Adress:
Associate Professor (Applied Mathematics) Search Committee
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
- By E-mail:
- Consolidate the following information (1-5) into a single PDF file as attachment to your e-mail:
- Research plan.
(Please describe what you would like to accomplish during the next several years together with its importance and background.)
- Brief description of your selected publications.
(NO files for the papers themselves are needed. Just list DOIs or their download cite.)
- List of publications.
- Teaching experience and the statement of the candidate’s policy about teaching.
- Description of grants you have obtained.
- E-mail Address:
applied-math-search-2018 (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
(If you do not receive an acknowledgement in a week, please send a e-mail to the following:
applied-math-search-2018-query (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp)
- Deadline for Application:
- November 12, 2018.
Application materials must be received by this date.
- Date of Appointment:
- As soon as possible after April 1, 2019.
- The application material will not be returned to the applicant, but will be disposed of in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
Nagoya University promotes equal employment opportunity for female researchers. Please refer to Positive Action for Increasing Female Faculty Numbers.
- Inquiries should be addressed to:
- applied-math-search-2018-query (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp