May 8, 2023
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University
Associate Professor and Assistant Professor – Search Committee
The Graduate School of Mathematics of Nagoya University invites applications for two positions, either as associate professor with tenure, or assistant professor with tenure track.
- Position Available:
- Two positions, each of them either of
Candidates are expected to give courses in Japanese or English, and requested to give courses in
Japanese after 3 years.
- Associate professorship [Tenured]
- Assistant professorship [Tenure-track]
- Research Area:
- Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Doctoral degree (to be obtained before appointment)
- Based on the annual salary system as determined by the university.
- Application Deadline:
- August 6, 2023, 23:59JST (UTC+0900)
- Starting Date:
- As soon as possible after February 1, 2024.
- Application Materials:
- Consolidate the following information (1–7) into a single PDF file (up to 10MB).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- List of publications, selected talks, grants, etc.,
- Brief description of selected publications.
- For co-authored publications, explain your contribution.
- Do not attach papers to applications, but rather provide DOIs or URLs for download.
- Research plan.
- Teaching experience and the statement of the candidate’s policy about teaching.
- Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of three references who know your work.
- Declaration of applicable specific categories (and evidences if necessary; see Notes below).
- How to Apply:
- Please visit the online submission page, fill out the required items and the desired position, and upload the application materials as a single PDF file.
- Contact to:
- Inquiries should be addressed to
ap-search-2023 (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
- About This Offering:
- We encourage applications from candidates who received their doctorate during the last ten years, and from female candidates.
- Nagoya University promotes gender-equal employment opportunities. Please refer to:
- Assistant professorships have a 5 year term.
After 4 years, an evaluation is done, and in case of success the candidate is offered a tenured position. In case of leave associated to life events (such as child birth, etc.), the evaluation period may be extended. In case the evaluation does not result in a tenured position, a 1-year position as designated assistant professor will be granted when the term ends.
For the tenure track regulations of Nagoya University, please refer to
- It is possible to apply for other announced positions in our department as well.
- The application materials will be disposed of appropriately as soon as the screening process is over.
- Please indicate in your CV if there are life events (such as childbirth, elderly care, etc.) that you wish to be considered by the search committee.
- In November 2021, in accordance with the clarification of the scope of control for “deemed exports” under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act (“FEFTA”), some provision of sensitive technology to faculty members by universities and research institutions has become subject to control under the FEFTA. Consistently with this change, when applying for faculty positions, the applicant will be required to submit a “Declaration of applicable specific categories” based on the “Flowchart for determining applicable specific categories.” The successful applicant will also be required to submit a “Letter of confirmation” at the time of the recruitment.
Please download the form from bellow.