Professorship (application deadline: August 31, 2012)
July 2, 2012
Graduate School of Mathematics
Professor Search Committee
We solicit applications for faculty positions presently available in our Department.
- Positions Available:
- The candidates should be able to give courses in English, and should be able to give courses in Japanese within a few years.
- Research Area:
- Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
(Experts in probability theory and related fields are preferred.)
- Date of Appointment:
- April 1, 2013
- Deadline for Application:
- August 31, 2012
Application material must be received by this day.
- Application Material:
- Application form.
(The application form is available for Download below.)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- List of publications.
- Brief description of selected publications.
- Research plan.
- Copies of selected publications.
- The statement of the candidate's policy about teaching and management.
- List of the names of three mathematicians who know your work and three letters of recommendation written by them.
(The letters are not compulsory if they are residents in Japan.)
All application material should be sent to the Search Committee by Email (as a PDF attachment) to p-search (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp, or by post to the following address:
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
- The application material except for copies of publications should be printed on letter-size (or A4 size) paper. Use one side of sheet only.
- The application material will not be returned to the applicant, but will be disposed of in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
Inquiries should be addressed to: p-search (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp