August 1, 2016
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University
Assistant Professor – Search Committee
We solicit applications for the following faculty positions.
- Positions Available:
- Two tenure-track assistant professorships.
(The candidate should be able to give courses in Japanese or in English, and should be able to give courses in Japanese within a few years.)
- Research Area:
- Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Period of Appointment:
- 5 years
(After 4 years, the candidate can take the tenure review in accordance with the tenure track regulations of Nagoya University.)
- Application Material:
- Application form.
(The application form is available for Download below.)
- Curriculum Vitae which include the following information:
name, date of birth, current affiliation and title of position, year and source of Ph. D., educational history and professional experience, address, phone, and Email address.
- List of publications.
- Brief description of selected publications.
- Research plan.
(Please describe what you would like to accomplish during the next several years together with its importance and background.)
- Teaching experience and the statement of the candidate’s policy about teaching.
- Copies of selected publications.
- List of the names of three mathematicians who know your work and three letters of recommendation written by them.
(The letters are not mandatory if references are residents of Japan.)
- Deadline for Application:
- September 30, 2016
Application materials must be received by this day.
- Date of Appointment:
- As soon as possible after Janurary 1, 2017.
All application materials should be sent to the Search Committee by Email (as a PDF attachment) to ap-search-2016-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp, or by post to the following address:
Assistant Professor Search Committee
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
The letters of recommendation may be sent from references directly to the Search Committee. In that case, they may be faxed to +81-52-789-5397, or sent by Email, as a PDF attachment and with the subject “recommendation letter for (applicant’s name)”, to ap-search-2016-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp.
Notice the letters must be received by the deadline.
For the tenure track regulations of Nagoya University, please refer
- The application material except for copies of publications should be printed on letter-size (or A4 size) paper. Use one side of sheet only.
- The application material will not be returned to the applicant, but will be disposed of in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
Nagoya University promotes equal employment opportunity for female researchers. Please refer
- Inquiries should be addressed to:
- ap-search-2016-a (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp