Mathematics: Partial Differential Equations
Fall 2016 - Winter 2017
- Time and place: Tuesday from 1:00PM to 2:30PM
- Instructor: Tristan Roy
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours:
- Text: Elements Of Partial Differential Equations, Drabek.
- Course Description: The goal of this lecture is to introduce some methods to solve linear and nonlinear PDEs. The topics that will
be covered are the following: method of characteristic to solve first order quasilinear equations and general first order equations;
fundamental solutions and Newton potential, Green functions and applications to boundary value problems; Fourier method for initial value
problem on finite intervals.
- Grading: Some homework will be assigned. For each homework there will be a grade. More precisely, I will give grades
S, A, B, C, or F. If you get two or more grades better than F, your final grade will be the best one of them.
- Hwk 1 [Due January 27th]
- Hwk 2 [Due January 27th] .