RESCEU International Symposium
- 11-13 November 1997(+Welcome Party on 10th)
- Sanjo Conference Hall(The Univ. of Tokyo)
- Quantum Cosmology
- Axion, Moduli & Polonyi Problems etc.
- SUSY and Dark Matter
- Cosmological Phase Transitions
- Primordial Nucleosynthesis
- Black Hole Entropy, etc.
- J. D. Barrow(Sussex U.) Varying G and Other Constants
- D. Boyanovsky(Pittsburgh U.) Nonperturbative Dynamics in a New Inflation Model and Cosmological Perturbations
- J. A. Frieman(Fermilab & U. Chicago) Inflation and Large-scale Structure
- S. W. Hawking(U. Cambridge, DAMTP) The Evaporation of Primordial Black Holes
- T. Kajita(U. Tokyo, ICRR) Results from Super-Kamiokande - first 1 year -
- M. Kawasaki(U. Tokyo, ICRR) Axion in Inflationary Universe
- L. Kofman(Hawaii U.) Reheating and Preheating after Inflation
- H. Murayama(U. California) Supersymmetric Cosmology
- A. V. Olinto(U. Chicago) Cosmic Magnetic Fields and Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays
- K. A. Olive(Minnesota U.) The Current status of BBN: Theory and Observations
- D. N. Schramm(U. Chicago) Particle-Cosmology into the 21st Century
- T. Tanaka(Osaka U.) One-Bubble Open Inflation Scenario and Quantum Field in an Open Universe
- T. Vachaspati(Case Western Reserve U.) Topological Defects: Fossils from the Early Universe
- M. Yoshimura(Tohoku U.) Elementary Processes in Cosmology (to be confirmed)
- K. Sato(U. Tokyo, Chairman), T. Yanagida(U. Tokyo, Co-Chairman),
- A. Hosoya(TIT), M. Kawasaki(U. Tokyo, ICRR), H. Kodama(Kyoto U.,YITP),
- K. Maeda(Waseda U.), M. Morikawa(Ochanomizu U.), M. Sasaki(Osaka U.),
- H. Sato(Kyoto U.), T. Shiromizu(U. Tokyo), T. Tanaka(Osaka U.),
- A. Tomimatsu(Nagoya U.), J. Yokoyama(Kyoto U., YITP), M. Yoshimura(Tohoku U.)
- Registration (click here)
should be made by September 20, 1997.
- We reccomend the following hotels:
- HOTEL SOFITEL (Tel: 81-3-5685-7111, Fax: 81-3-5685-6171)
Single: 17,000 Yen / Double: 27,000 Yen / Twin: 29,000 Yen
5-minute walk from the Conference Hall
- TOKYO GARDEN PALACE (Tel: 81-3-3813-6211)
Single: 10,164 Yen / Double: 19,173 Yen / Twin: 19,173 Yen
20-minute walk from the Conference Hall
- HOTEL PARK SIDE (Tel:81-3-3836-5711)
Single: 9,200 Yen/ Double: 14,000 Yen / Twin: 16,100 Yen
15-minute walk from the Conference Hall
- SUIGETSU HOTEL OHGAISOU (Tel: 81-3-3822-4611, Fax: 81-3-3823-4340)
Single: 6,800 Yen / Double: 10,800 Yen / Twin: 12,240 Yen
15-minute walk from the Conference Hall
- The registration fee is 15,000 Yen, which covers the welcome party, the
- banquet and the refreshments during the conference as well as a copy of
- the proceedings. The student fee is 10,000 Yen. Payment should be made
- at the registration desk in Japanese Yen only. No personal check will be
- accepted. The registration desk will open at 5:00 p.m. on November 10 at
- Sanjo Conference Hall in the University of Tokyo.
- A welcome party will be held on the evening of November 10 at the conference
- hall building. All the participants and accompanying persons are invited.
- The party will start at 6:00 p.m. The banquet will be held on the evening of
- November 12.
- Invited talks and contributed papers will be printed in the
- which will be published by Universal Academy Press (Tokyo). Detailed
- information will be found in the conference bag.
- Those who intend to use slides in their talk need to inform us before the
- Symposium starts.
- We will prepare a room for poster presentation in the Conference Hall.
- The size of a poster board is 120cm (height) x 90cm (width).
- There are several ways to get to downtown Tokyo from
- We recommend you to take
Keisei Skyliner from Narita Airport to Ueno
- Station and take a taxi to the hotel or to the conference hall.
Weather in Tokyo:
- It is basically comfortable in the early November. However, it is a
- transition period from fall to winter. You had better bring a light
- jacket. The temperature in daytime may change between 10 and 20 degrees
- From the outside of Japan, the first 0 has to be dropped and
- the number should be preceded by 81 (Japan country code).
- From the inside of Tokyo area, the first 03 can be dropped.
- For example, our phone number 03-5802-3359 has to be dialed as:
- 81-3-5802-3359 (outside of Japan),
- 03-5802-3359 (in Japan but outside of Tokyo area),
- 5802-3359 (in Tokyo area).
- In the weekend, all banks in Japan are closed except in the airport.
- It should be noticed that there are not so many places which accept
- credit cards. People need to have a certain amount of cash.
- Tetsuya Shiromizu
- Department of Physics, The University of Tokyo
- 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
List of Registered
Map around the Univ. of Tokyo
Research Center for Early Universe(RESCEU) Home Page
The Univ. of Tokyo, Theor. AstroPhysics(UTAP) Home page
Tetsuya Shiromizu (email@example.com)