Date: Sat Nov 05 01:35:14 GMT 2016
From: sumio yamada
Subject: 11/28(月)学習院・早稲田幾何学セミナー( GWGS )のお知らせ
幾何学分科会MLの皆様、

学習院大と早稲田大共同開催の「学習院・早稲田 幾何学セミナー」
(Gakushuin-Waseda Geometry Seminar 略称 GWGS)のお知らせです.

第9回が11月28日(月)に下記のように行われます.
詳細は以下のホームページをご覧ください.
http://pc1.math.gakushuin.ac.jp/~hosono/GWGS/GWGS.html

------------------------------
第8回 2016年11月28日(月)16:00~17:30

講演者: Chikako Mese氏 (Johns Hopkins 大学)

題目:  Harmonic maps, bubbling and application to the non-smooth
uniformization problem

於:学習院大学 南1号館303教室
access:http://www.gakushuin.ac.jp/mejiro.html

概要:We will discuss the Sacks and Uhlenbeck Theorem regarding the "bubbling
phenomena" for harmonic maps in the singular setting. Specifically, we have
the following dichotomy: given a finite energy map from a Riemann surface
into a compact locally CAT(k) space X, either there exists a harmonic map
homotopic to the given map or there exists a bubble, i.e. a conformal
harmonic map from the standard 2-sphere to X.  As an application, we give a
harmonic maps approach to the non-smooth uniformization problem of finding
a conformal or quasiconformal map between the standard 2-phere and a metric
space homeomorphic to a 2-sphere.

15:30--16:00 coffee/tea
16:00--16:40 Part 1 (introductory)
16:45--17:30 Part 2 (advanced)