Date: Tue Mar 22 00:16:36 GMT 2016
From: Todor Milanov
Subject: MS seminar at Kavli IPMU -- Yongbin Ruan -- April 5
Dear all,

I would like to announce the following Mathematics and String theory seminar at IPMU.

Speaker:	 Yongbin Ruan	(U of Michigan)
Date:	Tue, Apr 05, 2016, 13:15 - 14:45
Place:	Seminar Room A

Title: Moduli spaces in gauged linear sigma model (GLSM)

Abstract: Gauged linear sigma model (GLSM) is a 2d quantum field theory
invented by Witten in early 90's to give a physical derivation of
Landau-Ginzburg (LG)/Calabi-Yau (CY) correspondence. Since then, it has
been investigated extensive in physics by Hori and others. Recently, an GLSM
algebraic-geometric theory has been formulated by Fan-Jarvis-Ruan so that
we can start to rigorously compute its invariants and match with physical
predication. The core of this mathematical theory are certain curve-counting
moduli spaces. In this lecture, we will slowly build up these moduli spaces.
We will start from the moduli space of curves, then curves with line bundle, ... and
so on.

Todor Eliseev Milanov
Associate Professor
Kavli IPMU,  Japan