Date: Sat Mar 19 16:44:07 GMT 2016
From: yoshi at math.chuo-u.ac.jp
Subject: Emmy Murphy @ Saturday Seminar
皆様;

MIT の Emmy Murphy さんが京大数理研に滞在されます。
東京を訪問される際の3月26日(土)夕刻に
東京工業大学にて以下のようなセミナーを企画していますので、
ご案内申し上げます。

三松 佳彦
Yoshihiko MITSUMATSU

Department of Mathematics,
Chuo University,

1-13-27, Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo,
112-8551, Japan
phone : +81-3-3817-1745
fax   : +81-3-3817-1746
e-mail: yoshi at math.chuo-u.ac.jp

・日時:2016年3月26日(土)17:00−19:00
・場所:東京工業大学(大岡山)理学部本館 201号室

(土曜日ですので、本館への入り口は電子的に
 ロックされている可能性があります。
 正面玄関には、16:55ごろに誘導に参ります。)

・講演者:Emmy Murphy (MIT)

・講演タイトル:
 Rigidity and flexibility in conformal symplectic geometry

・アブストラクト:

Conformal symplectic geometry is a generalization
of symplectic geometry, so that small neighborhoods
in a conformal symplectic manifold look
like standard symnplectic C^n,
but only defined up to multiplication by a constant.

Conformal symplectic manifolds share much of the geometry
of symplectic manifolds, such as Hamiltonian dynamics,
Moser's theorem, and Lagrangian submanifolds.
We'll discuss the basic facets of this geometric structure,
and following this
we will discuss two recent theorems in the subject.

On the flexibility side (joint with Y. Eliashberg)
we discuss an existence result for all manifolds
with nonzero first betti number.

On the rigidity side (joint with B. Chantraine),
we discuss a Lagrangian intersection theorem
for C^2 small Hamiltonians.

e-mail: yoshi at math.chuo-u.ac.jp