Date: Fri Dec 04 07:37:38 GMT 2015
From: izumiya at math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Subject: [Fwd: Victor Goryunov 60]
幾何学メールリストの皆様

研究集会の案内です。
すでに配信されていたかもしれませんが
案内を送ります。
重複された場合はお許しください。

泉屋

-------------------------- オリジナルメッセージ --------------------------
件名:   Victor Goryunov 60
差出人: "Giblin, Peter"
日付:   2015年 11月 1日(日)1:55 am
宛先:   "Giblin, Peter"

Dear Colleagues,

This email is a follow-up to the one sent in the summer concerning a
conference/workshop to celebrate
Victor Goryunov?s 60th birthday, to take place in Liverpool 30 March to 1
or 2 April 2016.  Judging by the
number of provisional acceptances the conference is likely to be 4 days,
or perhaps 3.5 days, rather than 3.

We now have a very welcome grant from the London Mathematical Society and
some support
from the University of Liverpool.  I emphasize that this support will have
to be very carefully
used for those who are unable to fund themselves and is not likely to meet
all requests.

At this stage I want to confirm that the
conference/workshop will take place here in Liverpool and to ask two
questions:

1.      Are you (still, or now) interested in attending the
conference/workshop?

2.      If so, what is the  funding you will need from us, which really
cannot be met from other sources? Many of you previously answered this
question but it would be useful to have the latest situation in any case.

As I mentioned before, Bed and Breakfast accommodiation will be in local
hotels (about GBP55 per night);
there will be a mandatory registration fee (probably GBP 40, but zero for
PhD students). There will be
a conference dinner, charged at cost, probably on the Thursday night.

So no definite promises yet, but once we have a clear idea of who
definitely needs help with
finance then we will do the sums and be back in touch with you.

Best wishes

Peter Giblin

on behalf of the other organizers
Oleg Karpenkov