Date: Wed Jan 01 02:30:57 GMT 2014
From: ohnita
Subject: 訂正:New Year Lectures by Professor Franz Pedit at OCAMI
失礼しました。曜日を訂正しました。
大仁田
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
皆様

大阪市立大学数学研究所 OCAMI の新年企画として、
ドイツ・Tuebingen大学のFranz Pedit教授の特別講義(2回)を中心とする
特別DGセミナーを次の予定で開催しますので、ご案内申し上げます。

日程:2014年1月9日(木)-10日(金)
場所:大阪市立大学理学研究科数学教室 共通研究棟3階 301室(数学講究室、
変更の場合はご案内・掲示します。)
プログラム:
2014年1月9日(木)
 13:30-15:00 Professor Franz Pedit
Title:   "Constrained Willmore Surfaces: Theory and Experiment"
Abstract: Constrained Willmore surfaces are critical points for the
Willmore energy under variations of the surface preserving its conformal
structure. We will explain the (very few) known results for compact
surfaces in general and then focus on the case of tori. Here theoretical
results and experimental work (equivariant examples, conformal Willmore
flow) come together to suggest a first picture of what a "constrained
Willmore conjecture" might look like.

   15:15-16:45 Katsuhiro Moriya (University of Tsukuba)
Title: "Some Results about Twistor Holomorphic Maps"
Abstract: A map from an almost Hermitian manifold to an even dimensional
Riemannian manifold is called twistor holomorphic if it has a lift to
the twistor space and it is holomorphic with respect to almost complex
structures. A twistor lift is used to investigate conformal geometry of
a twistor holomorphic map. I will report recent results about twistor
holomorphic maps by Japanese mathematicians.

2014年1月10日(金)
13:30-15:00 Professor Franz Pedit
Title:   "Conformal Willmore Flow"
Abstract: We will construct a flow on compact surfaces which preserves
the conformal type and decreases the Willmore energy. In good cases this
flow will push the compact surface to a constrained Willmore minimizer.
An interesting feature of this flow is that it preserves derivatives, in
other words, it can be regarded as an ODE on any of the Hölder spaces.
This makes this flow analytically much easier to study than the usual
L^2 Willmore gradient flow. We will explain this flow first on closed
plnar curves as an alternative to the curve straightening and curve
shortening flows. The surface version of the flow is then constructed in
a similar way using the mean curvature half density of the surface
(instead of the curvature in the case of  planar curves).

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。
さらなる情報は、順を追ってご案内申し上げます。
尚、旅費の援助を希望される方は、援助可能な場合も
ありますので、大仁田までご相談ください。