Date: Mon May 20 05:52:54 GMT 2013
From: Minoru Tanaka
Subject: 東海大学談話会
幾何学分科会メーリングリスト
の皆様

来週の月曜日に東海大学にて
談話会を開催します。ふるってご参加下さい。
東海大学理学部数学科

田中 實

談話会
講師: Pakkinee Chitsakul
所属:モンクット王工科大(タイ)
タイトル:回転柱面の最小跡
     (The cut locus of a cylinder of revolution)
日時:5月27日(月)17:00—18:00
場所:東海大学湘南校舎5号館3階理学部第3共同研究

Abstract
The aim of my talk is to introduce the structure of the cut locus for a class
of surfaces of revolution homeomorphic to a cylinder. Let M denote a cylinder of
revolution which admits a reflective symmetry with respect to a parallel called the
equator of M. I will prove  that the cut locus of a point p of M
is a subset of the union of the meridian and the parallel opposite to p respectively,
if the Gaussian curvature of M is decreasing on each upper half meridian.