The application for the position is over.
Call for Application
June 15, 2010
Graduate School of Mathematics
Dean Yoshifumi Kimura
The department is currently soliciting applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor (tenure-track).
The position is funded through the university’s Positive Action Program for Increasing the Number of Female Faculty and only female candidates will be considered.
- Research Area:
- All areas of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Date of Appointment:
- October 1, 2010
- Appointment Period:
- Through March 31, 2013
A tenure review will be conducted at the end of the appointment period and may include an evaluation of the ability to lecture in Japanese.
- Deadline for Application:
- July 20, 2010
Application material must be received by this day.
- Application Material:
- Application form.
(The application form is available for Download below.)
- Curriculum Vitae which include the following information:
Name, date of birth, current affiliation and title of position, year and source of Ph. D., educational history and professional experience, address, phone, and E-mail address.
- List of publications.
- Brief description of selected publications.
- Research plan.
(Please describe what you would like to accomplish during the next several years together with its importance and background.)
- Copies of selected publications.
- Statement of the candidate’s views regarding teaching and management.
- Three letters of recommendation. (For residents of Japan, a list of three references will suffice.)
All application material should be sent to Yoshifumi KIMURA by email (as a PDF attachment) at the address ap-search (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp, or by mail to the following address:
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
- The application material except for copies of publications should be printed on letter-size (or A4 size) paper. Use one side of sheet only.
- The application material will not be returned to the applicant, but will be disposed of in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
- If the application is submitted by email, please send all material as a ZIP archive attachment with subject line “ap-search - application material attached”.
Inquiries should be addressed to: ap-search (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp