Associate Professorship/Lecturer Position
The application for the position is over.
July 20, 2006
Graduate School of Mathematics
Associate Professor Search Committee
We solicit applications for faculty positions presently available in our Department.
- Positions Available:
- A few associate professorships/lecturer positions. The candidates should be able to give courses in English, and should be able to give courses in Japanese within a few years.
- Research Area:
- Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Date of Appointment:
- April 1, 2007
- Deadline for Application:
- October 2, 2006
Application material must be received by this day.
- Application Material:
- Application form.
(The application form is available at Download below.)
- Curriculum Vitae which includes the following informations:
name, date of birth, current affiliation and title of position, year and source of Ph.D., educational history and professional experience, address, phone number, E-mail address.
- List of publications.
- Brief description of selected publications.
- Research statement.
(Please describe what you want to accomplish during the several years together with its importance and background.)
- Teaching statement including your teaching experiences and policy about teaching.
- Copies of selected publications.
- List of the names of three mathematicians who know your work and three letters of recommendation written by them.
(The letters are not compulsory if they are residents in Japan.)
All application material should be sent to the Search Committee by Email (as a PDF attachment) to ap-search-2006 (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp, or by registered mail to the following address:
Graduate School of Mathematics, Nagoya University,
Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan
- The application material except for copies of publications should be printed on letter-size papers. Use one side of sheet only.
- The application material will not be returned to the applicant. They will be disposed in an appropriate way as soon as the screening process is over.
- Applicants need not specify the positions (associate professor or lecturer).
Inquiries should be addressed to: ap-search-2006 (at) math.nagoya-u.ac.jp